Facts & Statistics:
Capital: Ulaan Baatar
Languages: Mongolian, 90%; also Turkic and Russian
● The Gobi Desert of Mongolia is the place where fossilized dinosaur remains were found in 1920s, along with the first dinosaur eggs.
● Mongolia is one of the countries in the world with the lowest population density.
● Majority of the people in Mongolia led the life of nomad till as late as the mid-20th century.
● The Mongol Empire was an empire from the 13th and 14th century spanning from Eastern Europe across Asia. It is the largest contiguous empire in the history of the world.
● The Gobi was once a sea—which explains the marine fossils!
● Many dinosaur fossils still lie exposed. Tourists pick them up as souvenirs
● The two-humped camel comes from Mongolia and survives temperatures from minus to plus fifty degrees Celsius.
● Nomads keep Eagles as pets. The Kazakh minority hunt with them.
● The Mongolian Takhi horse is the last wild horse in the world.
MG Tour Co - 10073 Valley View #232 - Cypress, CA - 90630 – USA CST#2066599-40
Phone: (714) 220-2579 Toll Free: (866) 225-0577 Fax: (714) 276-6447 Terms & Conditions