Facts & Statistics:
Languages: Spanish, Quéchua (both official); Aymara; many minor Amazonian languages
Currency: Nuevo sol
● Peru was also a part of the Inca Empire, the largest state in Pre-Columbian America.
● Lake Titicaca, which Peru shares with Bolivia, holds the distinction of being the largest lake in South America, along with being the highest navigable lake in the world.
● Caral is believed to have been built between 2627 BC and 2000 BC, making it the oldest city in the Americas as well as one of the oldest cities in the world.
● Machu Picchu is located at an altitude of 2,400 meters (7,875 ft) above sea level.
● Often referred to as "The Lost City of the Incas", Machu Picchu is the most known symbol of the Inca Empire.
● The Nazca Lines are giant sketches drawn in the desert of western Peru by ancient peoples. The drawings were created on such a large scale is such that the shapes can be readily discerned only from the air, leading to a variety of theories about their purpose.
● Machu Picchu is one of the New Seven Wonders Of The World.
MG Tour Co - 10073 Valley View #232 - Cypress, CA - 90630 – USA CST#2066599-40
Phone: (714) 220-2579 Toll Free: (866) 225-0577 Fax: (714) 276-6447 Terms & Conditions